Wearing color was once a faux pas. Everyone reached for neutral shades like black and white shades, as if the chilly wearing bright colors would meant their outfits had to be just as melancholy. Luckily, color have come back in trend with new shades of neons.
Here is a look at four great ways to work some color into your wardrobe next time you go for shopping:
Wear a brightly colored coat
since you generally wear a winter coat with different types of outfits, having a brightly colored one lets you add some spice to your look on many occasions. Choose bright red or blue, since these colors pair well with a variety of colors. You can even wear neutral beige pants and a black top, knowing that your coat will add on to your outfit needs.
Collect colorful tops
Simple, colorful tops are a lovely addition to your wardrobe collection. Solid red, blue or grass green tops pair well with most any color bottoms, from your old denim jeans pair to latest black dress pants. Dress your simple top up with a string of pearls or down with jeans and tall boots.
Wear brightly colored shoes
The ground is gray and drab everywhere, the color black and white can look very monotonous. Give it a colorful splash by wearing solid-colored heels or platforms. Paired with a matching jewelry, colorful shoes add pizzazz to a neutral outfit.
Have a go-to patterned sweater
Knit sweaters are very fashionable during winter, and they keep you warm too. Look for a colorful, patterned cardigan that would go on almost anything. Keep it handy as you bounce from work to home.
Scientist also say what color you wear says a lot about your mood and personality
Experts in alternative treatments believe that colors can affect your mood. Some even suggest the color you wear reflects your personality. Here a common list of the most bright colors and what they mean. Also these can also use to alter your mood when necessary.
Green = productivity and freshness
Grape (purple) = creativity and luxury Orange = fun and impulsiveness
Khaki = peace and nature
Raspberry (pink) = romance and happiness
Surf (dark blue) = wisdom and power
Red = passion and enthusiasm
Tropic (light blue) = calming and relaxing
- When you wear a bright shirt, it helps to keep you awake.
- Bright colors allow your personality to shine through.
- Wearing bright colors indoors reminds you that there is a sun outside.
- Neon colors keep you safe.
- Wearing a bright green t-shirt can let people know you are happy to be alive, and like nature.
- If you are having a bad day and seeing bright colors will cheer you up.
- Bright purple clothing makes people smile.
- If ever stranded, having something bright on will be a sure way to help you be found.
- If you’re in a dark room, wearing fluorescent shades increases light reflections and can help you to see better.